Saturday 19 December 2015

Paris - Day 2 (morning) - On the way to the Museum; Guimet Museum - Angkor artefacts -The 23rd of November 2015



Because I had already missed the opportunity of visiting the Guimet Museum twice before I felt that I wouldn't allow it to happen a third time. I therefore got up fairly early so as to take advantage of the rather cold yet sunny morning and walk there in time for the Museum's opening.

Holding a Paris map in my hand I let myself be guided through streets I had never been to nor walked along as if I were "discovering" a new part of the city.











Being rather close to the Eiffel tower, whose area I had so often strolled on I don't quite know why I had never been that way. I was nevertheless happy to finally make it to the Museum I had been longing to visit for so long.






Upon walking I came across Angkor artefacts I had only ever seen in pictures. I knew then that I would most probably spend a long time admiring  those. Despite the fact that Art "connaisseurs" had told me that the artefacts at Guimet Museum were exhibited in a rather "crampled" way I felt that the importance would be having access to them rather than the display organization, Being able to photograph them, would also allow me to "further" admire them at my own discretion, if ever I wanted.



















Angkor "La chaussée des géants" - Bayon style - end of the 12th century, beginning of the 13th century of Preah Khan (left). Female Deity - Romduol district - second half of the 7th century or 8th century (right).




















Angkor, Prasat Prei Kmeng - second half of the 7th century (left). IV Gopura Angkor West entrance (right).














Phnom Bok Temple Siva head in Bahkeng style - beginning of 10th century (right)






















Sambor Prei Kuk  Visnu Hayagriva - pre-rup. style - Kompong Thom province - third quarter of the 10th century (left).Banteay Srei - Siem Reap province - around the year 967 (right).
















Angkor - Prasat Kok Po A - Preahkho style - last quarter of the 9th century.
















Vat Baset - Baphuon style - 10th century.
















Angkor - Vat Kralanh - Baphuon style - 11th century (left). Angkor Thom - Bayon style - end of the 12th century or beginning of the 13th century (right).








   (To be continued)








No comments:

Post a Comment