Monday 13 March 2017

Calheta de São Miguel, Santiago island - Cape Verde - (Day 3 noon and early afternoon) - The 27th of February 2017


We had lunch at a local restaurant with both Celisa and Albertino, having afterwards driven to Espinho Branco Rabelados community not too far from Calheta so as to be introduced to some of their life principles and the Art they developed with a Cape Verdian artist resident abroad upon her return to Cape Verde. It was a "Rabelado" artist herself who took us through some of the themes explored by the community artists, as well as a visit to her own house premises.
 
 
 
It was a very interesting presentation, which I felt was too short, due to the limited amount of time we had. I'll make sure I visit them the next time I am around also because I would very much like to buy some of their deep "naive-like" painted canvases.





















































 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment