Sunday 25 August 2013

English Workshop (short duration) for 4-6 year olds - The 23rd of August 2013


I had woken up with a sore throat which would certainly interfere in my role as a narrator for the presentation of the story of the three little pigs and therefore felt apprehensive that the whole performance might go wrong, when all I wanted on my birthday was for it to go well.

Somehow "magic" happened because the children's performance was second to none and I managed to project my voice, not without some difficulties though and both Ana (in the background) and I (in the forefront) "controlled" the sequencing of the scenes.


























































 
















































It wasn't but at the end of the performance when they were supposed to celebrate the flight of the wolf that they got so overexcited with the instruments that neither of us could actually stop them.
















The clapping brought them to "reason" and soon they were bowing so as to thank the public' praise.






The children were then handed the certificates with the exception of  two who were "late comers" (as they only attended two days of the workshop) though they will be later handed a different certificate of participation.

The children looked particularly proud as they were handed those by the Head of the Training Centre, and I must confess that "behind the scenes" I felt really proud as well.










































Note: All the photos were taken by our colleagues João de Barros and Pedro Gaspar.






(To be continued)









No comments:

Post a Comment