Tuesday 20 November 2018

Strolling around the Nomad settlement, Iran - The 16th of August 2018


We met our host's husband in the morning as we were having breakfast. He has been forced by circumstances to work in a construction type of job and only makes it "home" once a week. I found them to be shy and maybe a little bit more reserved than I had expected. The fact that they accepted us and allowed us to participate in their daily life were sufficient reasons for me to feel grateful. 









                    






















As part of the Nomads' daily chores we decided to accompany our host and children on their way to the river that seemingly ran not too far. I do not know if it was the heat or the fact that I felt extremely tired but the distance felt huge ... by the time I reached it I felt tempted as the children to dive into its clear waters, though I had never tried to bathe fully dressed.

































I finally did it and under the advice of another Nomad without the head scarf, once I was then just among women and children.
 
 
 
 

















Heading back to the camp was as hard (if not harder) than it had been going down towards the river ... the only thing that really helped was the fact that my clothes were wet and I didn't feel the heat that strongly.  We met a shepperd on the way and I had to discreetly hide because of the wet clothes revealing my body shape.
 












 

No comments:

Post a Comment