Monday 12 November 2018

Sar-e Agha Seyed village, Iran - The 14th of August 2018

 
Early in the morning as I was heading towards the local Mosque so as to wash myself (one of the few places where I could get running water and have access to a toilet) I came across a young lady carrying a bundle of sticks on her back, as well as a young shepperd "conducting" his sheep along a fairly narrow stone path. I soon realised adolescents play an important role in the community carrying out several activities.
 
 
We let ourselves be guided by a young man, whom we paid some money, to show us the remotest areas of the village. We were leaving in the afternoon but our host didn't let us go once our Nomad driver arrived without eating some soup she had kindly prepared.
 

























































Some of the Nomad children I had befriended came to say goodbye and that's when I felt really emotional. Life in this village is hard ... I felt it and wasn't here for more than one day ... I promised to send them some toys ... and when I am back home that's the first thing I'll think of ...
 
 
 

























No comments:

Post a Comment