Tuesday 20 November 2018

Minakari handpainted and enameled plates workshop - Isfahan, Iran - The 19th of August 2018


Around lunch time Hazan's sister came over to collect me, so as to take me to the minakari workshop she has and works for, not too far from where I was lodged. This type of Isfahani artistic work has fascinated me from the first time I came across it in 2014, so I watched the whole work involved in its production.  I ended up buying a few plates and vases, though the latest weren't finished yet.








 


























The outside heat was an impediment for me to venture anywhere so I spent the rest of the early afternoon at home reading, having made myself some Iranian kookoo (herb omolette-like cakes). It wasn't but much later that Saba got back and brought me some birthday presents, which she and Isaac knew I would love, as most involved Iranian Art of some sort.
 
 
























 

No comments:

Post a Comment