Wednesday 28 November 2018

On the way back to Mirdamad via Se-o se Pol and the Hasht Behesht garden; the official handing out of the guitar and the Museum of Music concert - Isfahan, Iran - The 28th of October 2018

 
As we made our way "home" via the famous Se-o se pol I got a call from the manager of the Museum of Music stating that one of the owners, Mr Shahriar was willing to officially have me hand out the guitar from the Northern part of Portugal I had promised the Museum that same evening, followed by a typical Iranian music concert.
 
 
Knowing that Hamid and his children had never been to the Museum and bearing in mind a particular interest on the part of his little boy, who is learning how to play "Ney" I decided to invite them over for the ceremony.
 
 
The story behind the handing out of a guitar to the Museum of Music had started the year before, when the guide prompted me which instrument was missing in the International instrument section (a Portuguese guitar), to which I responded the Museum would have one the next time I went back to Isfahan. Later that time and whilst talking to one of my brothers about it he let me know that one of his patients did actualy make guitars. What I didn't know then is that he unexpectedly had a typical guitar from the North (Amarante) made and personally bought for the Museum of Isfahan. 
 








 
 
 




 
 
 
Before leaving our hosts' home (who had returned that day from Tabriz) I let them take a photo with Hamid holding the guitar, once they were as happy and honoured as I was to finally have a Portuguese instrument on display in the Museum of Music. 
 
 
 
 














I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Shahriar, whom I had only spoken on the phone to before. Because there would still be some time till the concert, Klara, Sarah, Hamid, Rohan, Romina and myself did the tour of the various chambers under the direction of a female guide I later saw playing an instrument at the concert. In fact Mr. Shahriar was the lead singer (with a powerful voice), as well as a kamanche player. The female manager we had been with in the morning, herself an architect, was equally a tar player.









 
 
 
 
 
If  many Iranians did surprise before as far as their multiple and versatile skills are concerned, they do not anymore because I have come to accept that many people either play an instrument or do some sort of artistic work irrespective of their academical background.
 
 
The concert was one I will reember for a long time, not only because it was associated with an honouring situation but also because of the strength of the musical quality and variety the group showed to have, as well as the effect it had on everyone who was present (I am sure).
 










 
 
 
 
I wish my brother (who had made some of these moments possible) was present to feel what I felt.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment