Wednesday 21 November 2018

My birthday - Isfahan, Iran - The 23rd of August 2018


I had never spent my birthday abroad but was surprised to conclude I managed to have a few special moments despite being away from my family.  I invited Saba for lunch out at Malek Soltan Jarchi Bashi close to the Hakim mosque which we passed on the way.
 
 









The restaurant atmosphere was one of mystery and beauty. The traditional music set the scenario that would accompany us through the meal, which was very tasty. When the Portuguese flag was brought to the table I was touched and almost cried. 
 















I unexpectedly met Moji along the Nesgat Street and spent some precious moments talking about memories of a past trip which had touched us all and which we wouldn't forget.
 





















The rest of the afternoon was spent at a galery of a friend of Isaac's both watching the Art classes, drinking safran tea, eating slices of watermelon and letting myself be sketched by its artist owner in the garden.


















































As the evening drew closer I felt  a certain touch of melancholy ... despite feeling happy.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment