Wednesday 3 April 2019

Paris - St Eustache Church - The 19th of February 2019

 
Since I was robbed in France and despite the fact that it happened in 2013 I have developped a fobia when it comes to having to travel to the city with baggage and a backpack, thus feeling a lot more vulnerable to pickpocketing, so I have recently adopted the idea of staying at any of the airport hotels and temporarily making my way to the city by either bus or RER whenever I have a free day prior to embarking on long flights.
 
 
This is exactly what I did this time - I took the RER to Chatelêt les Halles and strolled around the area up to Marais, having stopped at St. Eustache Church, which I have fallen in love with a year ago. From the stained glass windows to the various marble sculptures and paintings everywhere you look your eyes are inevitably filled with beauty.


The last moments of my visit were spent in thoughts as I sat and pondered. 
 













 




















































When I walked out the sun was shining brightly as if Spring had unexpected showed its face. I made my way back to the airport under a different "spell". My travelling companion and I would only reach Auckland in two days' time but the warmth of the anticipated Spring had had a positive influence on my frame of mind ... I was ready to spend the next twenty something hours inside aircraft and airports. 






















 

No comments:

Post a Comment