Monday 22 April 2019

New Zealand circuit - Queen Charlotte Track - Day 7 - The 4th of March 2019 (morning and afternoon)

 
We set off very early in the morning so as to explore part of the Marlborough Sounds region and cover the Queen Charlotte track. We got on a boat along the mass of bays and inlets having had the opportunity to watch some wild marine life and strategic approaches to protect it until we were dropped on a beach at Ship Cove so as to initiate the programmed 71 km scenic walk.

 
It did not look too difficult, once we could walk at our own pace despite having pre-programmed meeting points.
 
 






























 
I managed to photograph a  tiny fantail and later on a rather curious weka as I made my way on the marked track. I kept on looking downwards because I was drawn to the colour of the waters, particularly around the Bottle Peninsula. What seems to be rather interesting about this peninsula is that it is run by zero invasive predators such as rats and stoats siad to be responsible for the extinction of a small community of resident mohua who fell prey to them.










































We had time to relax and have a cold drink at a beautiful Café located close to the picking up point once the track was finished. It was precisely when I sat down that I realised how tired I was. Despite that "small detail" I had really enjoyed the nature-oriented day.




























 

No comments:

Post a Comment