Monday 13 July 2015

Figueira da Foz revisited - The 4th and 5th of July 2015



I've been to Figueira da Foz more often lately than I ever have in the past, maybe the reason being that I now deal better with the differences that occured over the years and left virtually no traces from my childhood and with them the little that still held me onto it.
 
The sea and the beaches are among the very few things I really missed ... those stretches of sand ... the morning breeze and that permanent foggy like atmospher that fed our imagination ... the line of the horizon that one could barely see most of the time .... the traces of the seagulls on the sand ... the raring of the sea waves ... the indefinable fear that simultaneously attracted me ... 
 
My brother, my daughter and I ventured onto Cova beach which used to be among my favourites throughout my adolescence .... with the no longer to be seen surfers from Australia, whose stories brought colour to my shy adventurous spirit of the epoch then ...
 
Nothing is like it used to be and though the feeling is different it is still one I feel comfortable in ... the sense of space ... the unknown ...




















We managed to get my mother temporarily away from her recent next of kin - the cats and the dog she has as her closer family friends ... I don't blame her, they are most probably among the most faithful characters that co-habit with her.
 
We drove to a nearby restaurant which used to be a well to do family home in the past ... everything seems to vanish ... but what seems  to be getting stronger now is our bond as a family that has already lost part of its initial status and above all many of its members ...
 
 
 























 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment