Wednesday 16 September 2015

I wonder ...



I've just come across a picture dating back to 1972, when I had just started University and the long hair and the green military boots were a sign of rebellion and freedom (we didn't have).There I sit with a Canadian girlfriend, Lyn, whom I had met through common friends ...
 
 
 
 
 
 
Our life experiences and expectations couldn't be more different ... I had just walked out of a boarding school of nuns whilst she had always attended public primary and high schools, I recall one of my dreams was to travel, whilst she wanted to settle down and stop travelling about with no particular direction, I was more spiritual oriented whilst she was more down to earth ... I could go on forever and forcefully realise the only thing we seemed to have in common was sharing ideas and inevitably books.
 
 
 
Ten years later our life paths (both photos were taken in 1982) had come closer. We had both attended University and got our degrees ... looked like "young ladies" and no longer street wanderers and we both had children to look after, though situational differences had played their role. I had been left with two small children and she was married to someone who had brought in a few children into the childless home. We were both in for "difficult" moments.





















It has been thirty three years since we lost contact with each other and I wonder ... how far or close our actual life paths are ...






   

No comments:

Post a Comment