Wednesday 13 May 2020

New Year in Isfahan - Day 3 (evening) - The 30th of December 2019


(...)

The evening turned out to be rather special as the whole family and I headed to a restaurant out of town. The space was huge and although I didn't get to see it in daylight, it was absolutely stunning with its separate bakery, tea and cofee grounds.
 
 
Once we were inside the restaurant, the golden colours of its decoration and the inebriating voice of the male singer filled my heart. I managed to immerse myself in the typical "family night out" Iranian atmosphere and what it is like to "be" one of them. Food "sealed" the deal, as we shared the grilled kebabs amidst a few jokes and a number of photos for future reference.
 
 
There were moments throughout the evening in which I wondered what would all those who write about Iran without having ever visited it say if they were to witness or partake in this celebration of joy and friendship ...
 
 
 






















































Upon reaching Mirdamad another celebration awaited me, this time a more intimate one. The family had prepared an unexpected Christmas night for me, which had all the contours of a typical European Christmas celebratory setting, which I was really impressed and touched by. The children showed me their affection and love by making me personalised gifts which made me cry. I couldn't but feel profoundly affected by their  and their parents' love, as well as generosity. No words can describe how I really felt. It was gone two in the morning and I still couldn't fall asleep. I had to recognise I was among the priviledged people who give love and get love back.










































 

No comments:

Post a Comment