Friday 20 March 2020

New Year in Isfahan, Iran - Day 3 - The 30th of December 2019



I decided to spend the third day around the Zayande Rud river, which I had had the chance of seing filled with water the previous time. Irrespective of the almost dried course now it was still worth looking at, particularly because there's a rather unique beauty surrounding its shores as we walk along the endless paved ways lined with gardens and trees.  I stopped half way from the Se-o-se pol and the Khaju brigdes to have some zafron tea at a small and beautiful Teahouse located on another brigde.





























I came across several couples, many of whom attempted to talk to me in English mixed with gestures, which made the solo walk a lot more colourful.








Before I made my way back "home", I stopped at the little cultural centre located in one of the brigdes, so as to buy a few books I then had to struggle to carry.
 
 
 
 


















It soon became dark by the time I reached the Hash Behesht area, where many of the shops were on sales and where the Christmas season was still felt.





















 

No comments:

Post a Comment