Friday 22 May 2020

The 16 Day circuit around South Africa - Day 7 (cont.) - Drakensberg Gardens Hotel - The 2nd of February 2020



(...)

We reached our accommodation by early afternoon and although some tracks were proposed by our guides I opted to explore the hotel premises. The hotel complex was fairly big and provided a number of activities. From my bedroom outside balcony I could see the mountains and although it was a bit windy the overall atmosphere was pleasant, as I sat out contemplating them.
 
 
Late in the evening and because of the number of tourists the hotel restaurant was crowded and dinner was painfully noisy as was part of the laterhours of the evening, as my bedroom was in close proximity to an outdoor bar and the wind seemed to bring in all the noise from a group of wine drinkers sitting in it, as if they were sitting next to me. Finally by midnight it all went silent and I managed to finally relax and go to sleep.


































 

No comments:

Post a Comment