Thursday 27 June 2019

Moments of shared joy ... or "Gestures" ...


I have been sent several photos by whatsap which testify more than the actual handing out of presents to people I had met in previous trips to Iran, but above all their discreet smiles and undeniably a shared joy. Most of them were handed out by Saba to the neighbour, to one of the Nomad ladies I stayed at, Saba's friend, her mother, aunt, sister-in-law and nieces, as well as the artist who painted me on my birth date.





































The next one were handed out by Mr. Tavakoli to the guide's children and the last ones (money for a birthday party and some presents for Rohan) by Hamid, his father on that special day.
 
 
























If ever I go back to Iran I'll have to carry extra weight. I have been so well received by most people there, that I just feel like buying the world for them, irrespective of the fact that I know that's not what is important. Gestures are ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment