Friday 14 June 2019

Dubai - Going across the Dubai Creek - Al Dhagaya -The spice souk - the Gold Souk - The 6th of May 2019


(...)


The organised tour comprised the Dubai's Creek crossing, which despite being a little more than seven minutes was rather interesting, particularly because we boarded an abras with its long horizontal bench-like board. It was quite difficult to keep one's balance and photograph at the same time. A lot seemed to be going on on both shores of the salt water creek, as well as in the creek itself.
 
 

















Once we reached the other side we came across the spice souk. We stopped at one particular stall where many of us tried almond stuffed dates and some special chocolate "pebbles". I wish we had stayed longer because the mixed smells, the colours, the tastes and the overall atmosphere was one I really felt for. I have been to several similar markets in various Muslim countries and always seem to enjoy them ... in fact, the more I get to know them, the more I like them.
 




















Our next stop was the Gold Souk, just a few metres away. For people who haven't been to the Gold Souk in Isfahan it must be something one simply does not expect. We strolled around looking at the gold shop windows in a state of ecstasy and numbness. If many of us would never consider wearing some of the huge gold necklaces I must confess I admired their artistry. Many of them had a traditional touch to them and were meticulously done. I wish I had walked in one or two of the stalls to ask for prices, just for mere curiosity.





















 
 
 
 

 (To be continued)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment