Friday 14 June 2019

Dubai - Driving around the Jumeirah area - The 6th of May 2019


We drove around the Jumeirah area having only briefly stopped at the local Mosque and the beach, so as to take photos of the Mosque and the Burj Al Arab, this latest having become the iconic image of the United Emirades. We then paid a visit to the Oriental World shop, which I must confess had some of the most artistically unique objects for sale (no photos were allowed) I have ever seen and which I would have bought, if I had the money for such luxury.






















 
We then headed to the Souk Madinat Jumeirah, which I found to be a very beautiful building surrounded by artificial lakes and amusement spaces I feel no European country might equal. I strolled around some of the groundfloor shops but opted not to buy anything, not because I didn't feel there wouldn't be some interesting traditional things to buy but because I dislike not being able to thoroughly select things without time constraints.
 
 
 











As we were making our way to the Downtown area we drove by the Qasr Hotel, so as to see the life size golden horse sculptures which freely "run" around its entrance garden. We also stopped for a photo at another hotel, whose facade was equally impressive.























By the time we made it to Burj Khalifa the fountain  music and light show was just starting. The whole area was filled with people. The selected music was "I will always love you". There was no way I could take good photos because there were people permanently moving around and that was a pity because the show was worth it. 






















It had been an intense total immersion Dubai experience but I wasn't dissastified. I was finally going to take advantage of the hotel accommodation for at least a few hours before heading back to the airport.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment