Monday 11 July 2016

The Summer English Course for 6 and 7 year old children - Day 1 - The 11th of July 2016


Ana and I have today welcomed thirteen children, whose ages range from 5 and a half (to be precise) through to 7 years. If many of them had already been with me in the previous years and know my working style it was the first time for five newcomers, who nevertheless seem to have easily adapted to the hard working schedule and seemingly enjoyed the activities.


I introduced them to some of the words in Michael Rosen's book - We're going on a bear hunt,  which we'll be singing next Friday and even had a go at it (it wasn't bad at all for the first approach).






























After the break and following an exercise on vocabulary associated with the book I had the boys do some 3D paper constructions which took them on a journey into different countries, as some are "building" the Eiffel Tower and the Notre Dame in Paris, whilst others have "ventured" into the UK, Australia, India and the United Arab Emirades.



Because I'll be teaching them the seasons I've had the girls do some rather meticulous artistic works with glitter and special coloured ink pens related to Spring and flowers.



I have once more realised that many of these children are not only impatient but have also never done anything similar, being definitely not  too developed as far as fine motor is concerned, though they all seemed keen on doing ... just doing things.





































(To be continued)







No comments:

Post a Comment