Sunday 9 December 2012

My "long life companions" ...







Books have always been some of my "silent" companions over the years ..."We" have shared many lonely evenings and sleepless nights ... and even though they haven't taken the place of the long distant love of mine, they have often helped me bear his absence ...


I've recently finished reading four very different books, whose authors ' varied writing styles and "stories" have filled my soul ... 

The moving, ruthless, piercing and in some instances brutal short stories by Joyce Carol Oates exploring the intimacy of different generation relationships  ... The forgotten waltz the complex familial bonds and the feeble threads joining us ... The chemistry of tears portraying "grief, its violence and its inevitable place in the cycle of human life" ... and Man in the dark, the one I mostly fell for "a thoughtful reflection about sorrow and loss, particularly the injustice of loss".

Any of them is worth being read ...






No comments:

Post a Comment