Friday 6 September 2019

Isfahan, Iran - Day 7 (evening cont.) - The evening guided tour of the cemeteries and less known Mosques - The 22nd of August 2019


(...)

I wish I had taken a booknote with me as we strolled around the cemetery where some known Iranian musicians have been buried because Hamid told us some rather unique stories regarding the reasons as to why some of them had actually been "forced" to be buried here following some requested agreements upon Ayatola Khomeiny.
 








































The same is true regarding the Mosques we visited afterwards and whose names I don't recall. Apart from the purpose of the chain at the entrance and the designs on the tomb stones identifying the type of profession those buried underneath were holding I remember very little.
 









































I do remember though the fervorous atmosphere and the fact that burial places and religious sites which in Europe would otherwise be locked in the evening were here filled with people that made them alive.
 
 




 (To be continued)
 
 
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment