Wednesday 4 September 2019

Isfahan, Iran - Day 4 (evening) - Special dinner party at the Toghyan's - The 19th of August 2019


(...)

When I was getting ready for the Toghyan brothers' organized dinner party, supposed to celebrate my birthady, as well as Mohammad and Ali's (our host and his son) I had no idea I'd be so touched and emotional as I did with such a demonstration of love and care.
 
 


 
 
 
 
The evening started off with me handing out the presents I had brought for Hamed (one of the Toghyan brothers) and his family, in particular the children. 

























Amidst the dinner preparation I was happy to realise that everyone seemed enthusiastic as to the presents I had brought and participated, whether it was building up the 3D constructions or puzzles or even looking at the World map and locating countries that had to match the cards I had written from some of the different foreign cities I had visited.



















It wasn't but when the meticulously prepared dinner (with all the artistry and love associated to the decoration of the Iranian plates they had prepared) was finished and we all sat quitely watching Iran has got talent that it hit me the extent to which they considered me a family. I was actually spending an Iranian-like family evening without even having given it a thought that I was not part of that family.
 
 
 































More than the amount of valuable presents I was given by each of the three brothers' families I was touched by the love put into every gesture, every hug, every little detail that makes happiness feel so accessible ... and  easy.
 
 
I cried out of joy ... and didn't seem to be able to control the moments in which I was either smiling or crying ... it was a sequence of mixed emotions. The fact that they bought presents for Klara so that she wouldn't feel left out was the indication that the Toghyans do care and love beyond no limits. May they be blessed throughout life.








































 






































































































































Although the dinner party finished by eleven I stayed with my hosts and their two children till two o'clock in the morning talking and drinking tea, as if I were spending a regular evening with my family members ... (they are in fact my extended family). 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment