Wednesday 4 September 2019

Isfahan, Iran - Day 4 (afternoon) - Around the Imam square - The 19th of August 2019


(...)

Having felt sick upon leaving the visit to the Moshir Al- Molk's Historical house I sat at a clothes'shop whose owner was kind enough to call me in once he saw me throwing up in the corner of the street. I was given tea and sugary water and as I came to my senses realised there was a huge queue of people (women right in front of where we were sitting and men to the left) waiting for free meals provided on the Imam Ali's remembrance day.
 
 
I had never witnessed a similar event but apparently the huge queue had nothing to do with the current economic situation some Iranians are going through, despite the fact that never before had I seen people begging in the streets like I did recently.




































Back into the Imam square  and prior to having found a little CafĂ© patio where we rested for a while someone came up and gave us two of those free packed meals. I must confess the chicken meal was exceptioanlly good.  I'll never know why we were given those free meals but I'm glad we were actually given the opportunity to participate in this generous act as receivers.












 
 
 
 
 
(To be continued)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment