Monday 7 March 2016

The Voice kids ...


From the first moment I heard the voices of most of the Arab kids participating in the MBC the voice  kids I was mesmerised ... despite not understanding a word of what was being sung ...  


Their voices were (are) clearly amongst the best voices I have heard  so far and will possibly ever hear. I couldn't therefore help  but follow their progression in the programme every weekend and did often put myself in the shoes of the judges (and future coaches) and the difficulty they would almost certainly have so as to select those who would continue forward every week.


When the final six were announced, I felt five of them could be winners, though I hesitated between the incredibly powerful voices of the two Syrian boys and the magic  (and equally powerful) voices of the girls, though I must confess I was secretly hoping the Egyptian girl could make it to the final, which she didn't.


Lynn Hayek, who actually got the winning title, despite being the only amongst the competitors to have had only one chair turned during the audition, did surprise me because in a seemingly short period of time (three weeks) she undoubtedly made the biggest progress of all, that possibly being the reason as to why the majority of the public voted for her, even if up to the last week Jowayriya's number of "listening visitors" were outstandingly higher than the others'. 


Mirna's story made me think on  the  many Iraki children still "living" in their native country and what they will have to endure ...

  



















Jowayriya Hamdy from Egypt (left) and Amir Amuri from Syria (right)


















Zein Obied from Syria (left) and Mirna Hana from Irak (right)







Linn Hayek from Lebanon






Listening to these children's auditions (and those who didn't make it after the knock down shows)  is an absolute must ...










No comments:

Post a Comment