Friday 20 July 2012

The forthcoming trip to Cape Verde ...



Thanks to Isabel Mégre we already have quite a few T-shirts and shorts for the boys staying at the Association  for children at risk in Praia. The need for these items had been mentioned by its Director last time we visited it, so I am particularly happy to be able to assist them with this.















Isabel Mégre has also contributed with a few paper garlands to be used as decorations during the next birthday party to be organised for the children of Calheta.






Isabel Mégre's young adolescent daughter has handed her mother two T-shirts for Juliza's birthday and I must confess that her gesture has touched me, because I feel she is aware of how different her life is from the one Juliza leads and has thought of her on such an occasion.


Despite the fact that it will be neither Leinira nor Lavinia's birthdays I have included a little "treat" for them both, as I know  how much they love to read and are committed to school.


















The trip to Cape Verde is still a long way away but I am getting myself "organised" already, so as not to miss anything, in case I am too busy in the weeks previous to the scheduled date, as I most probably will.









No comments:

Post a Comment