Monday 26 August 2019

Isfahan, Iran - Day 1 (morning) - On the way to the Armenian quarter - The 11th of August 2019



By the time we reached our hosts it was almost 4 in the morning local time and everyone seemed too tired to start a conversation. We slept till around 10, having been awoken by the landlady with breakfast.










Soon after we  headed to the city centre along Mirdamad street till we reached the Hasht Behesht area,  where Klara did some shopping. We still held onto last year's memories of these places. Despite being in pain from an ongoing kidney infection I didn't seem to get rid of, I still managed to feel the surrounding beauty.
 
 












Upon reaching the Se-o-Se Pol bridge I noticed the Zayande Rud river flowing as I never had before in any of my previous trips to Isfahan. I wished then that I wasn't wearing any silk trousers otherwise I might have stepped into the river bed as many Iranians seemed to.
 




 
 
 
 
 
The Armenian quarter of Jolfa, a once favourite area of mine seemed empty. The heat almost certainly prevented people from strolling around the streets but in the evening. We made our way to one of our favourite Cafés and ended up having a light meal accompanied by a very interesting conversation with the family sitting at the closest table.




















(To be continued)






 

No comments:

Post a Comment