Monday 16 May 2016

The latest film I have watched ...



I couldn't help but going the the movies on my daughter's birthday despite the fact that she is working abroad this being the first birthday we haven't spent together.

I am sure that if she were around this is exactly what we would have done and in a way it was like getting closer to her. Without having been made aware of film she suggested I should see I ended up selecting exacly the same one - Dheepan.






















Having won the Palme d'Or  at the 2015 Festival de Cannes Dheepan is a rather meditative film on the overall immigrant odyssey and drama, despite being rooted in the reality of the refugee camp in Sri Lanka and later France.
 
 
The three main players, said to be new to acting have done a very good "job" at it - their performances conveyed authenticity to the characters' feelings of solitude and frustration and were therefore very credible.
 
 
 














" Dheepan is a film that goes for the gut as well as the heart" - Leonard Maltin.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment