Monday 1 June 2020

The 16 Day circuit around South Africa - Days 14 and 15 - Cape Town - Ashby Manor - The 9th and 10th of February 2020

 
 
We were lodged at a Victorian style House, whose walls were fully covered in paintings of all styles. Artistic pieces of Art and several sculptures were to be seen everywhere. Although my bedroom was  the smallest (if not, possibly one of the smallest) I didn't care because I felt an instant drawn to the overall atmosphere.  I had to make my way up and down the stairs to take photos of many of those and look at the paintings several times as if I were visiting a Museum. Whoever owned or decorated this mansion must have been into Art and although the varied styles were all mixed together and hanging next to each other as if arbitrarily placed to use an existing vacant space on the wall, it all made sense. Art is Art ... and who cares where it has been placed ..., as long as it is there for one to appreciate.





















































































































 

No comments:

Post a Comment