Tuesday 15 May 2018

Paris - Day 2 (morning and early afternoon) - Mary Cassattt's temporary exhibition at Jacquemart-André Museum - The 30th of April 2018

I
 reached Paris fairly late in the evening of the 29th having spent almost an entire day travelling. Following a decision taken some time ago to acommodate myself at different "arrondissements" everytime I travelled to Paris, I found myself at Porte de St Cloud and was glad I did choose the Ibis Styles hotel, which despite being far from the centre  provided me with one of the most exquisite rooms I have ever stayed at. 









Despite the cold and windy morning, strongly contrasting with the weather I had left behind the day before,  I headed towards Jacquemart- André Museum housing an exhibition on Mary Cassatt - "Une Impressionniste américaine à Paris".
 
 
Photos were not allowed on the temporary exhibition but by the time I reached the room it was being exhibitted at I had already taken hundreds of them - to the magnificent rooms pertaining to the couple Nélie Jacquemart and Édouard André to whom the house with its whole Art collection had belonged to.
 
 
I was mesmerised by its sumptuous decoration, as well as the staircases, the winter gardens and the private apartments, whose walls were covered in paintings and tapestries.
 
 
 
No words will express to which point both the permanent and temporary exhibitions exceeded my expectations. Pictures may not speak for themselves but at least they'll be able to say more. 
 
 








































































What an incredible day !...







 

No comments:

Post a Comment