Wednesday 9 May 2018

My 7 day circuit in Panama - Day 2 (morning ) - Sailing along the Chagres river on the way to the Embera Quera Community - The 23rd of April 2018

 
We were to spend the whole day in the indigenous community of the Emberas, so we took a canoe fairly early in the morning. The boat ride along the banks of the Chagres river strongly reminded me of a former trip to Guatemala, though this one contemplated several stops to closely look at the variety of mammals living on the National park, such as several species of monkeys and a sloth. 
 
 










































Though I was still feeling feeverish, as soon as we approached the Embera Quera community I felt unexpectedly better ... (I just had to) ... this visit was definitely among the ones I had been looking forward to ...











(To be continued)
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment