Monday 7 May 2018

My 7 day circuit in Panama - Day 1 (morning) - Panama City - First approach to getting to know the city - Panama Viejo - The 22nd of April 2018

 
As I reached Panama city after a long day travelling from Roissy via Barajas airport I was feeling rather sick and despite having had the chance of relaxing at the Hilton Garden hotel where we would be lodged throughout the whole circuit, I realised I hadn't fully recovered the following morning.
 
 
I wasn't sure if it was flu or a strong sinus infection, as I had runny nose, sore throat, headache and fever, all of which common to both sicknesses. All I know is I made a tremendous effort to listen to what Robin, our local guide was saying, and had to sit down quite frequently as the headache was getting too intense for me to bear.
















The first visit took us to the remaining part of the old Panama city, which is a UNESCO World heritage site. From it we could see the actual Panama city in the distance, which clearly contrasts with what it used to be in the beginning of the 15th century.
 
 
One of the outstanding monuments  of Panama Viejo were the ruins of the old Cathedral, which provided an incredible view, as well as the Casa de los Genoveses, whose merchants are said to have ruled the commerce of Panama in 1520.
 
 
As we made it to the visitors' Centre I could barely walk without feeling unstable, so that was the first Museum visit I missed during the circuit.
 
 























 

No comments:

Post a Comment