Sunday 22 December 2013

The latest books I have read ...



I have recently finished two books I really enjoyed and which despite being completely different portrayed countries at crossroads and the role silence played whether due to impairment or necessity.

I must confess that what drew me to the first one was the title - "Painter of silence" and an inner curiosity to find out what it really was about, whilst in regards to the second one it was the need to further continue reading about Afghanistan albeit in the perspective of a European journalist. 



















"Harding writes with exquisite restraint ... her deceptively simple prose gives a startling beauty to the ordinary, and evokes great depth of suffering." by the Gardian


"Seierstad writes of individuals, but her message is larger."  by the Washington Post Book World"









No comments:

Post a Comment