Friday 27 December 2013

"Christmas 'spirit" maintained throughout Christmas at Figueira ...



Very little changed throughout Christmas at Figueira this year despite there being fewer of us. Amidst the strong rain showers and wind storms the family "Christmas' spirit" was maintained mostly due to my ninety year old mother, whose spirits  were always high as if she were (and I am sure she was) enjoying the night like the youngest one in the family, my seventeen year old nephew.























Like every year my brother Miguel, my daughter Mia and I ventured into the coastline area on Christmas day though we didn't stay long this time.  Outside the family boundaries a lot had changed, including the weather and with it ourselves longing to get back to the warmth of the home we always seem to return to no matter what ...

Our childhood memories keep on living in our hearts much like the spirit of Christmas ... till next year and every year that will follow, hopefully still with the matriarch of the family ...













No comments:

Post a Comment