Wednesday 21 March 2018

The latest films I have watched ...



Under normal circumstances I wouldn't have necessarily chosen to watch The Shape of the water  because of what I initially felt might not be realistic enough bearing in mind my personal taste, but I am particularly glad curiosity led me to the cinema that afternoon, once the "amphibious creature" who played one of the important roles in the meaningful love story fairy-like tale was credible enough to touch me. Amongst the various issues which are focused on in this film the transformative power of love is what stood out for me.

 
 
 




























Lady Bird made me recall some of my own pathway issues at a Catholic school during my youth and in a lot of respects the  silenced "conflicting" relationship between my mother and I. I consider both Oscar awarded films owe their "popularity" to the outstanding performances of their main female actors and are worth being seen.























 

No comments:

Post a Comment