Tuesday 6 March 2018

The latest books I have read ...



I have spent most of my recent evenings "in the company" of two of my favourite authors, Paul Auster and Elif Shafak and I haven't been disappointed, in as much as I have read most of their books and there might have been some repetitive pattern that could have interfered in my capacity to be surprised, but it was exactly the opposite. I feel that after writing so many books they are as creative and spell bounding as they were when I first came across their books.


 
 "4321" is  in fact four different novels, or rather four different parallel lives of one main character's life told in alternating order and providing the reader with a number of social dramas touching a wide variety of issues, from sexuality to political awakening, whilst "Three daughters of Eve" is a particularly rich journey into religion and romance alternating from the past to the present of one of the main characters.
 
 
 
 
 





"The development and mingling of four versions of Archie Ferguson not only illuminate and enhance his character, it gives the storytelling the power of enchantment that sustains the reader through the length of the book." - David Takami on 4321 by Paul Auster.










"An intense, discursive and absorbing novel." - The Observer on Elif Shafak's latest novel.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment