Saturday 1 April 2017

São Miguel island - The Azores - The Gorreana Tea factory, Museum and plantations - The 27th of March 2017


I reached São Miguel island, Ponta Delgada airport to be precise, much later than expected but as agreeded upon Rosa, a special friend was patiently waiting for me  so as to take me to the Gorreana Tea factory, Museum and plantations before I boarded the next plane.


Among the oldest surviving Tea factories in Europe,  and one which still maintains the old fabrication methods Gorreana Tea plantations, factory and Museum are located a few kilometres from the city centre and provide the visitors with a thorough explanation as to the tea processing, apart from having a rather pleasant café overlooking the plantations, which one may stroll around.


It started raining, which is not uncommon in the Azorean islands but that didn't hinder the joy of the visit. Having been at the airport and inside an aircraft almost all morning and part of the afternoon, the escapade to Gorreana in the company of Rosa was one of the best things that happened to me thoughout such an eventful day.   


















































I took the opportunity to photograph Rosa with the pictures and letter sent to her by her Cape Verdian "goddaughter", which I handed her upon arrival.











No comments:

Post a Comment