Sunday 10 March 2013

São Tomé and Principe, São Tomé island - Day 5 - January 2004




Porto Alegre was my fifth day's destination and though I had been looking forward to it since the previous day, "my" driver having felt in a "leve-leve" sort of mood didn't pick me up but much later than we had arranged.

It turned out he had had a "passionate availability" encounter (that's the way he put it as far as "love" was interpreted in his Santomean perspective) that being the reason as to why we hadn't driven further into Porto Alegre the previous day.

I was nevertheless happy to make the same route we had the previous day, as I managed to get a clearer picture of what São Tomé island was about, which one may not get the first time around (most of the time).

  















The fish drying nets brought back some of my childhood memories, though back in Figueira da Foz the only fish to be brought out onto the nets used to be cod.


















The beaches around the area were, like most of the ones I had seen - of an extreme beauty, I believe, mainly because of the luxurious vegetation around, giving them a "paradise" type of environment.

Back in Lisbon I realised that "my" driver had finally "captured" me in one photograph ... (of the dozens he tried to "capture" me in before, but which unfortunately didn't materialise).

The sea water was fairly warm and as he walked into the closest stalls to get some fruit I ventured into it, having thus had a "taste" of the Santomean waters for the second time.






























It was a pretty calm day, but one I will remember and cherish for ever ...











No comments:

Post a Comment