Friday 14 December 2018

Medeiros de Almeida House-Museum - The remaining rooms; the watch collection; the Chinese porcelain collection; the collection of 18th and 19th century fans, Lisboa - The 30th of November 2018


The more I listened to the tour guide talking about the artistic artefacts the more I felt the need to return some other time to thoroughly admire those mesmerising objects, some of which were absolute rareties.
 
 










































































The collection of fans from the 18th and 19th centuries, which according to one description were considered "weapons of seduction", was particularly rich in variety. There was an added interest provided by the tipology of the fans and the language and decodification of the gestures I had never thought of.
 
 
 





































Once I was outside after having spent four fanstastic hours inside the House-Museum I couldn't help but look back and take a photo of part of the outside building which houses these precious artefacts, wondering what his owner's life must have been ... Wish I could personally thank him for having "shared" it with me and every other visitor.














 

1 comment:

  1. WE loved our visit here with you- such a treasure-box.

    ReplyDelete