Monday 3 December 2018

Lunch at the Azadegan Café; the Sheikh Lotfollah's Mosque - Isfahan, Iran - The 31st of October 2018


We inevitably started our morning heading to the Imam square spending some time in the labyrinthine alleys doing some shopping before walking into the Azedegan café where we had lunch prior to the long expected visit to the Sheikh Lotfollah's mosque which I had fallen in love with in 2014. Its one chamber's dome is of an extreme beauty and so are the tile-glazed covered walls. Klara, as a first time visitor became speechless but so did I as I looked up admiring the light and the reflexes.


Before leaving some university students approached me to talk and as I was exhiting the chamber decided to I surprise them with my "It was a pleasure meeting you" in Farsi, which led them to start clapping their hands. For the first time I tested the echoing capabilities of the chamber.
 
 
 






























 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment