Thursday 13 December 2018

Medeiros de Almeida House-Museum - The chapel and the ground floor chamber, Lisboa - The 30th of November 2018

 
As I was reading a trip advisory opinion regarding Lisbon Museums I came across a reference to this particular House-Museum which I must confess I had never heard of despite living in Lisbon and  being Museum oriented during the weekends. I decided therefore to visit this private Mansion house formerly inhabited by António Medeiros de Almeida, who later opened up the twenty something rooms and his stunning artistic collection to the public in the seventies.


I was unexpectedely taken into its exhibit rooms on a very well strutured and meticulous guided visit for free and was speechless the moment I set eyes on the rich collection of rare artefacts ranging from religious art, tapestries, furniture, silverware, porcelain, jewwellery, painted wooden ceilings, tiles, etc, many of them still to be seen in what used to be the collector's residential house.


We started by the ground floor chamber and chapel and as many of the taken photos will certainly convey ... it was magical. 
































































































 

No comments:

Post a Comment