Friday 23 May 2014

The latest book I have read ...



I have just finished reading "The tremendous world I have inside my head - Franz Kafka" by Louis Begley, which because of being a biographical essay pleased me enormously in as much as it provided me with an insight into the world inside Kafka's head and his ambivalent and tortured soul.

In the form of four chapters on Kafka's family and employment, his Jewishness, his love life and his final illness this extremely well written book unveils facts of his emotional life that I, similarly to many, consider to be crucial for one's understanding of his writing.






 " Begley cannily allows Kafka to speak his own words as much as possible, weaving selections from letters, journals, novels and stories into a biographical narrative."







No comments:

Post a Comment