Sunday 18 May 2014

Last considerations regarding the Armenian circuit ...



Certain trips might end up being reduced to a number of images, souvenirs and not much more, though I must consider I've either been lucky or privileged because mine have lingered on my mind for reasons, which go beyond what is visible.





















Trip companions and guides should not affect one's ultimate objective or at least the one behind the setting off into a particular country but the reality is they might  and once more I've been privileged because my latest solo trips have had me surrounded by rather interesting people, exceptions not being accounted for due to their overall insignificant influence. 

Exceptional guides, who seem to do more than what they are expected to and thus convey a genuine interest in doing what they are doing, as well as in the people they have under their guidance, not to mention their knowledge, capacity to impart it and professionalism are rare but do exist, Armine, the amazing young lady who captivated us all being amongst those.

I still recall her special story telling voice as she caught our attention whilst reading out those intriguing Armenian legends on the bus ... her personality ... her persona ...








Marie France and little Castille deserve to be mentioned as having been the trip companions I spend most time with and whose little gestures and precious moments I hold onto dearly.









Armenian people' s endurance and sense of nationality touched me and that's certainly something I will hold onto forever.






Note: The last downloaded four photos were kindly sent to me by Marie France and Annick.







No comments:

Post a Comment