Friday 19 October 2018

The Summer English Language and Art course (short duration) for 4-6 year old children - Lisbon - The 16 and 17th of July 2018

 
 
The Summer English and Art course for 4 to 6 year old children was not attended by many children because once the dates were made known many parents had already enrolled their children in other activities, but I must confess I was particularly happy to see that most of the children (with the exception of the youngest) had attended my courses before and had actually insisted on attending this particular one.
 
 
Having a 4 year old child among 6 year olds worried me initially, though I soon realised he was so committed and outgoing that he had no problem at all in adehring to all the activities and was mostly at the forefront of everything, having an incredible capacity to memorize words (the course theme was related to fruits and animals). 
 
 
Because the book I wanted to explore in the classroom was set in Africa I decided to bring some African artefacts therewith related, which I also intended to exhibit in the final day. Most of the children got fascinated with a painted ostrich egg depicting a buffalo (one of the animals in the story book).

 
 
 
 


Artur, Carlota, Tiago, Sofia, Manuel and Lisa (from left to right)
























(To be continued)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment