Sunday 18 March 2012

Birthday presents for the children of Calheta



After having already put aside the necessary birthday decorations to pack for the party we'll try to organise locally for 23 children, I am now collecting the birthday presents for those children whose birthdays will be from May through to July.



A colourful skirt and blouse with earrings to match, as well as a photo album bought by Paula for Ivanilde.





A blouse and leggings with earrings to match, as well as a photo album bought by Mafalda for Patricia.




A porcelain doll I bought for Lavinia.


I believe presents should be bought taking into account the personal characteristics of the children, or what I personally seem to know about them from my multiple trips there, and so far they mostly have, which is a "challenge" in itself;


The idea now will be to try to organise one more birthday party this year to include those children, whose birthdays are from May through to August and then a third one next January for the remaining ones. One French "godmother" who has already been there with me is willing to travel with me there next September and I hope somebody else will want to join me at the beginning of next year, so that all the children will have been entitled to a one life time birthday party ("treats" they have never had access to).









 

No comments:

Post a Comment