Saturday 17 September 2011

Latest news regarding Calheta ...


I have been  kindly given some second-hand clothes, toys and books for the children of Calheta by two colleagues (Francisco Lisboa and Luis Almeida).

I have  since then been sorting them out by ages and  packing them in different cardboard boxes, as I will add some toys and games I had been previously given and which I haven't been able to send to Cape Verde yet, but which will hopefully be sent around Christmas time (Photos will be taken after the selection process).

I have also been given some of the last presents for the children, which I shall be carrying with me next October.

















Birthday and Christmas presents bought by Gabriela for Elias (left). Birthday presents bought by Dora for Veronica (right).


















Birthday presents bought on behalf of Natividade for Ana Borges (left). Birthday and Christmas presents bought by Célia for  little Odete (right).



Because in the course of these years I have become attached to the family of the girl I have been "protecting" I have also bought some birthday presents for one of her sisters, whose birthday will be next October.



Birthday presents I have bought for Lou


As I was recently buying some colouring pencils, paint brushes, scissors and a set of toys  a colleague of mine (Portela) gently offered to pay for them, as a contribution towards the project.







Nine more children will soon have "godparents" once the daughters of three "godmothers" (Paula, Celeste and Henriqueta) want to become "godmothers" themselves, together with an Australian friend of mine (Rachele) and my friend Isabel Garcia, a friend of a "godmother" (Telma), two friends of Francisco (whose money he has already given me) and a colleague (Ana do Vale) who would like to "protect" two children. The moment the children in need have been identified, their photos will be published together with the "godparents" who will be in charge of their school needs.

I would like to openly thank all the people who have trusted the project so far and are above all committed to making these children happy.

Together we may  achieve something ... and ultimately become happier ourselves ...








  

No comments:

Post a Comment