Thursday 21 December 2017

My 12 day stay in Isfahan - Day 3 (early afternoon) - Kashan - The Abbasi House; lunch - The 29th of November 2017


I was mesmerised once more the moment I walked into another historic House, this time the Abbasi House, whose decoration was completely different from the previous historic houses I had visited in Kashan. Said to have been built in the 18th century and the property of a famous cleric it comprises several courtyards connected by various passage-ways. The carvings on some of the walls were meticulously done, though it was once more the domes that caught my attention more than any other decorative features. One of the chambers was mirror-decorated so as to create a starry-like atmosphere which was rather impressive.
 
 
The external courtyard was noteworthy, just like any other little detail, whether it was architectural or simply geometric. Before having decided to invite the guide I had travelled with to have lunch with me at the tea-house restaurant in the premises of the house we still gained access to an old artisan weaving horse hair cotton with a precision that left me speechless.





































































































































Before getting ready to visit yet another historic house in the area I took some time to admire the pool in the external courtyard once more.
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment