Sunday 5 August 2012

Julian Barnes and I ...




I don't know what it was that fuelled my sudden interest in Julian Barnes ... but I think it all started when I read  "The sense of an ending" which apart from the skilfully plotted sequence of events made me fall in love with his writing style ... I couldn't wait until I bought a second book and ... a third and a fourth ... and still a fifth ... in what sounded much like an "addiction"...










"Mesmerising" ... "Exquisite" ... "Masterclasses in the form, full of the sidelong wit and intelligence that make the writer one of our most consistently deft short-form stylists" ... "Scintillating" ..."Fiction at its best" ... "A master class in character observation" ..."Irony  and imagery arze deployed with a finesse even Flaubert wouldn't wince at ... consumately  elegant." ... - are just among some of the  opinions on this incredible writer and the books he has written, some of which have been awarded prizes ...




Julian Barnes' books in the order I have read them -

"The sense of an ending" - Winner of the Man Booker Prize - Published by Vintage 2012
"Pulse" - Published by Vintage 2011
"Metroland" - Published by Vintage 2009
"Arthur and George" - Published by Vintage 2006
"Talking it over" - Published by Vintage 2009












No comments:

Post a Comment