Wednesday 15 August 2012

A rather gloomy public holiday ...



I have been feeling rather gloomy ... for no apparent reason, I would say ... Some time ago I would just head towards the centre of town and the simple fact of wandering about would make me happy ... for no apparent reason that could be accounted for .... but it does not seem to work that well nowadays ...
 
I got on a bus heading to the centre of town and got off just by the river Tagus ... those white angels against a colourfully painted  façade I have often photographed  looked gloomy themselves ...















I then walked up towards Praça da Figueira Square and then Rossio ... but most shops were closed and the people you could see walking around were mostly foreigners ...



























It wasn't but at Saldanha metro Station, as I was waiting for Mia, that the first beam of happiness brightened up my gloomy day ... as I walked along the platforms photographing the decorated glazed tiles, whose themes were connected to the senses ... the seasons ... the parts of the day ...

I don't know why I hadn't noticed them before ... they have been there since 2009 ... and they are simply beautiful ...

















































































I'll have to go back some other time, maybe when I'll feel less gloomy to photograph the many more that decorate almost every little corner of the station ...










No comments:

Post a Comment