Friday 3 May 2019

New Zealand circuit - Lake Matheson walk - Wahipounamu - Ship Creek/Tauparikaka - Day12 - The 9th of March of 2019 (morning and early afternoon)

 
We set off very early so as to be able to walk around the Lake Matheson and see the multiple reflections of the Aoraki, Mount Cook and Mount Tasman if the weather were to allow. It was a bright morning and as we walked on the designated track I felt the beauty surrounding me and taking over my senses. As one could walk about in his or her own pace I took the time to photograph the Lake reflections and the Mount peaks in the distance, to soon find myself alone covering the distance from and back to the Matheson Café restaurant.
 
 
It must have been one of the most magic and quietest strolls of my life in which I must undeniably say that whoever created nature must be praised without any reserve. There were times in which I had to stop to confirm whether I was really observing what I seemed to be observing, as there was a touch a magic about it all. From the luxurious greens to the quiet waters of the lake and the blues in the sky everything was fairy-like. I knew I had to get back but my feet seemed not to let me move forward.
 
 

















































































By the time I reached the Matheson Café restaurant I was clearly under the spell of the Lake reflections.





We then drove to an observation point somewhere further to  admire part of Te Wahipounamu  stretching 280 miles along the western coastline. Impressive in its own way though the Ship Creek walk along the coast  slightly later had a stronger impact on me. There was a roughness about it that touched my soul. 
 




 
 
 
 
 



























































 

No comments:

Post a Comment