Thursday 19 April 2018

Special family gathering moments ...


I left the silence of my home very early in the morning to venture into the gloomy and under the rain streets of Lisbon by Cais do Sodré. As I waited for Mia and Liam I went across to Mercado da Ribeira, which I hadn't been to for quite a while. The initial feeling was one of surprise as the only things I recognised were the external architecture and the glazed tiles covering the entrance hall corners. 

























Garbbage bin architectural piece outside the train station of Cais do Sodré





It was only after having reached Cascais that the nasty rain gave way to a fairly warm and sunny afternoon, which the three of us enjoyed immensely. A few places I had sketched on in the past brought back memories though the best memories would certainly be the ones embedded in me after such an unexpected family gathering. 
























 

1 comment: